I haven't forgotten about our wonderful trip to Michigan. I will do my best to tell a story from each day - if I can remember. Sometimes I can't remember what I did yesterday! And I wonder why Allison June can't remember what she ate for lunch!
Back to the MI stories:
Our trip started off to an almost rough start with me "taking-out" some trash talking lady at the Park 'n Ride place. It was pretty early; 5am if I remember correctly. We had all of the kids (4) out of the car and were still waiting patiently as the 3rd bus drove by us on it's way to the airport. Ms. Jennifer decided to take charge and walk up to the next bus and let them know we had been waiting. The problem was that people were NOT following directions and waiting patiently (like us) by their cars...they were running down to the bus to jump on. Now, I have to say if we were not traveling with 2 tons of luggage and 4 kids, we may not have followed directions either.
Trying to be nice, Jen yells to this lady with her 2 older kids that we have missed 3 buses already and this one is going to drive down to us...WELL do ya know what this lady yelled back..."Looks like you're gonna miss another one." And she ran and jumped on the bus! Oh boy - it was lookin' like a smack down any minute. Of course when we finally boarded, it was the same one as the Bus Jumper Lady was on. There was NO WAY I was going to speak to her. Jen ended up having to sit near her and I whispered to Jen if she was ok sitting there and she said she was. Now you have to know Jen. She's a lot nicer than I am. She started getting chatty with this "Bus Jumper Beatch". Not me. Remember, I was ready to take her out.
After the bus ride we thought we were smooooth sailing. Guess again.
Forgetting it was close to a major holiday...we kept wondering WHY there were so many people in the airport at 5:30am. Oh good grief, you should have seen the security line. It wrapped the inside of the airport! Luckily, a security dude redirected us to another security gate of which we had to RUN to with 4 kids! Next time we will find a golf cart and haul butt.
Blah, blah, blah through the rest of the story - let's get to the good stuff...our wonderful destination...Higgins Lake!
The kids couldn't wait to get down to the water (including me)..here's a photo of the event along with our view of the lake from the house:





No comments:
Post a Comment